Sport – Teaching Swimming
Start Date – 28.07.2017
Closing date for applications – 28.07.2017
Tutors – ASA South West Region,Claire Watson
Available Places – 16
Price – £375.00Venue – Wiltshire Council – Devizes Leisure CentreAddressSouthbroom Road SN10 5ABHow to book – http://bit.ly/2gU2Yne
You must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course.
Learners will be required to provide formal identification and present this to the Course Tutor on the first day of the course. This should be photographic ID where possible, the following list details accepted forms of ID:
- Driving license
- ID card or other form of national ID
- National Insurance Card
- Photographic security pass for current place of employment
- Armed Forces service ID
- Re-enrolment of known student (record as ‘returning student’)
- Exam certificate
- Birth certificate (and corresponding marriage certificate if applicable)
We will also require learners to complete some documents and hand these to the tutor on or before the first day of the course, such as Emergency Contact Forms and Duty of Care forms (where applicable). These will be included in your final confirmation letter which we send to you approximately 2 weeks prior to the course start date.
ASA Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching)
This is a Blended Learning programme which means that learners complete part of the theory units online, this work is assessed and then learners complete all e-learning elements prior to attending the face-to-face practical units at Devizes Leisure Centre
Bookings for this course close on the 28th of July 2017. You will be able to begin your online learning from the 28th of July 2017 – we will send you an email with details of how to begin this on or before the 28th of July 2017. You will have until 48 hours before the first face to face date successfully complete your online learning.
Please read carefully through the other details on the page so you know what this course entails.
Dates and times for face to face units will be:
Face to face course dates & times:
12th and 13th of August 2017 -9am – 6pm subject to change
**Please note that there is a £20 late booking fee applicable to learners that book on after 28.07.17 This will be included in the course price total.**
What is Blended Learning?
Blended learning uses a combination of delivery methods to help you through your qualification: an arrangement of both online learning and face-to-face delivery. Your online learning needs to be completed prior to the face to face elements of the course. Please see details section for further information on dates.
By registering onto this course you are agreeing to undertake elements of the qualification prior to the face to face days. We estimate that the online learning should take you between 2 – 3 hours to complete. Please ensure you set time aside to complete this work.
Why pick a Blended Learning approach to complete this qualification?
- First sport in the UK to offer a blended learning delivery programme for UkCC Level 1 and 2
- Flexible learning to meets the needs of you as a learner
- Green – environmentally friendly!
- Your time, your pace, your environment
System requirements for online learning
- Laptop, PC, Mac, Android Tablet or iPad with a recent operating system installed (if using an iPad or Tablet you may be asked to download an app to view content)
- Our recommended browsers are Google Chrome or Firefox
- A stable internet connection is required to complete this course
This qualification is made up of a series of learning outcomes and assessment criteria. Assessment is through the completion of a series of tasks set by the ASA AB. The purpose of assessment is to ensure that effective learning has taken place to give learners the opportunity to achieve the learning outcomes and assessment criteria.
- All learning outcomes must be achieved
- All assessment criteria must be achieved
- All evidence produced by the learner must be their own, and in English
- Please note these questions will change during the life of the qualification and be updated using the relevant hyperlink in the qualification specification
Further information for this particular qualification can be found here: ASA Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching).
To gain access to course resources please log in or book on the course.
This course provides all units for the following qualification:
ASA Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching)